Ward 6 bicycle subcommittee meeting
Held at LAMP Community Health Centre 185 Fifth Street Toronto M8V 2Z5 on October 3 at 7 pm
Fall is here. Join cycling enthusiasts and advocates to discuss and participate in local initiatives, proposals and pilot programs working to improve the conditions for riding in Ward 6 South Etobicoke and connecting communities.
Here are some of the projects we are workin on.
1. Prepare for the Mimico 20 charette. When completed, Mimico 20 will bring thousands of new residents into our communtiy with all the attendant traffic that goes with it. We need to ensure cycling infrastructure is part of the planning process.
2. Safe Routes to School Initiative. We made a great start in the last school year. We need to push it forward.
3. We particpated in the Toronto Cyclist Union Ward audit. Now we need to look at the information gathered and see what we can do with it.
4. Local bike clinic. We would like to assemble volunteers to hold a bike clinic in Ward 6 this fall. Weather permitting it could be held outdoors.
5. My first wheels- exploring establishing a kids bike recycling program in Ward 6 similar to the one in mid Toronto (www.myfirstwheels.ca). Ther might even be a tie in with our Safe Routes to School Initiative.
The meeting is open to anyone interested in cycling issues.
For more information, contact Carole Goyette at 416-252-6471